I don’t go clearance hunting often because I always end up hoarding things I don’t need. With that said, when I DO go clearance hunting, I create a list of things I want. Then I make sure to re-evaluate the stuff in my cart even further before checking out.
My Clearance List
- socks (kids outgrow socks fast so it’s nice to have them in stock)
- clothes – especially pajamas (kids outgrow these quickly, as well)
- bath items – towels, bath mats, shower curtain
- kitchen items (dish soap, foil, dishcloths, utensils, serveware, cutlery)
- beauty items (face masks, lip balms, lotions, shampoo)
- home decor – limit to 2
Questions to re-evaluate
- Do I truly need this? If so,
- How many do I really need?
- How many often will I use it?
- Can I give this someone?
Target Christmas Clearance Finds
I checked the end caps and was surprised to find 2 Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap tucked beneath other items! I found plenty of socks but only purchased the size my kids wear now and another set one size up. Unfortunately, beauty items were still 30% off. However, I found a Yes To sheet mask for $0.50.
- Dear Santa boys’ tee $0.50
- Cat & Jacks socks $0.50 each 4 pack
- Mrs Meyer’s Dish Soap $0.38 each
- YesTo sheet mask $0.50
- Gilligan & O’Malley faux fur eyemask $1.50
I really wanted to find a couple of mini faux Christmas trees but alas there were hardly any clearance decor items left!
Walmart Christmas Clearance Finds 2018
I went to Walmart for milk and eggs but decided to check out the clearance area since I’m already there, you know how that goes.
I really like packaging and the mini treat bags are good to have on hand. They were $0.50 each. The bath bombs from Bodycology is $1 and smells of coconut!
There were tons of people posting their Hobby Lobby clearance finds at 90% off so I decided to check it out since I was also in the area. There were lots of glass ornaments 12pack for $0.98, ornaments for $0.50 and Marvy Uchida brush pens (with Christmas colors). But I walked out empty-handed!
How often do you go on clearance hunts?